Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Grande Pumpkin Spiced Latte and a Healthy Brain

If you are a coffee aficionado, or are married to one as I am, you will no doubt have seen the ubiquitous social media postings about the return of fall in the form of the Pumpkin Spiced Latte to your neighborhood coffee shop. Nevermind that it is still blisteringly hot here in Chapel Hill, coffee addicts swarm in order to obtain a steaming reminder that fall is right around the corner. In an effort to improve my health, I have recently stopped drinking coffee but after reading a recent article about the health benefits of my former morning nectar I am reconsidering my choice.

Coffee has been shown in several notable studies to lessen the effects of Alzheimer's Disease, reduce the occurrence of Parkinson's Disease, stave off dementia, help you to live longer and is the number one source of antioxidants in the US diet. Perhaps the sugar laden Pumpkin Spiced Latte is not the optimal vehicle to obtain this panacea of health benefits but far be it from me to pour cynicism on someone cup of sunshine. Cheers!

http://blog.positscience.com/2013/07/19/5-surprising-brain-benefits-of-drinking-coffee/

No comments:

Post a Comment