Tuesday, January 21, 2014

DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-RX-4940-Boombox-AM-FM-Portable-Radio-Cassette-Tape-Deck-Vintage-80s-/121251197923


I remember sitting by my boom box waiting for a certain song to come on the radio. I had to be right there when it played so that I could press record on cassette deck. My mission was to make the perfect Halloween mix tape and I desperately needed Nightmare on My Street by DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince.

I remember the phone in our kitchen had a cord on it.

I remember helping my dad use a paper map to navigate on family vacations.

I remember buying a koosh ball.

I remember not having an ipod.

I remember not having an iphone.

I remember not having a remote control for our ONE television.

Dark days my friends.

Right now, Home Instead Senior Care has several clients who are more than 90 years old. Whenever I visit with them, I am fascinated to hear their perspectives on the changes they have seen take place during their 90+ years of life. Even as I look at my own relatively short life journey, I am astounded by all of the things that are completely foreign to my children and wonder what innovations their lives will see.

Last week, Google announced an amazing new concept they are developing. The "Google Lens" is a  contact lens that will monitor glucose levels for diabetes patients and automatically transmit those results once per second to prevent having to ever prick another finger. The antennae they have developed is thinner than a human hair. There is even a possibility that an LED light implanted in the device will begin to blink if levels drop below a certain point. Unreal.

There are a multitude of hurdles which will need to be overcome before this futuristic idea becomes a reality. But it is still amazing to consider the concept and dream of what the next big thing will be.

For more information on the Google Lens concept click here.

For anyone who wonders who DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince were click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment